Trouble with Chris's new auction site is.....

The place to debate our sister site www.wisdenauction.com
edgwarerover
Wisden Guru

Post by edgwarerover »

The main snag at the moment appears to that few apart wisden.org members are actually logging onto this site, worthy though it may be.

Worse still is the fact that Grumble appears to be pawing all the lots and putting would-be buyers off entirely. I will now be forced to "give away" my superb '40 linen offering since association with the latter has devalued it to "nil".

Who amongst forum members will offer me a tenner?

J J
grimble
Wisden Guru
wisdens collected: 120

Post by grimble »

J J

I only asked the question, to give me a better idea as to the worth of the "superb" book . . . now you cant hold that against me john. . . . . . anyway you havent answered.
edgwarerover
Wisden Guru

Post by edgwarerover »

Grumble: You underestimate my experience in such matters. I was actually 2 years old when this edition first appeared on the bookshelves and not only do I own one in moderate condition but my mother gave me one to suck instead of a dummy when her breast milk ran dry. I was such a hungry gready "bastard" you know!!!!!

Now, don't tell us that you have a more intimate experience of the little yellow book than that!!!

In fact I sold the one I sucked a couple of years back for fifty quid and you have got a chance of buying THIS one if you are very quick, but Mr Mc Kenzie has just called and he will beat you to it if you are not careful.

Love J J
cridler
Site Admin
wisdens collected: 3687

Post by cridler »

I think it got bid up to £121 so 12 times our money is on the cards!!

The adventure cost you a huge 0p to list so I don't thing any harm is done! No sale is no fee - cant be bad.

Just under half the 83 members have a log in on the forum so there are outsiders , it'll take a while to get going , i think it took ebay 5 years for wisdeners to get interested and ebid & QXL still have only tatty softbacks so not a bad start.

If you havent signed up then take 20 seconds to register. Wisden Auction

I think JJs real statement was about questions and as the site is 1000% transparent all questions are automatically logged against the item , sloths included.
Happy Collecting!