WA vs eBay

The place to debate our sister site www.wisdenauction.com
kwd48
Top Collector

WA vs eBay

Post by kwd48 »

One interesting thread I read recently, was about the relative financial return from listing on ebay or wisdenauction.com. I believe that it was JJ who suggested that higher prices were to be had on ebay although he didn’t offer any evidence. Keith went somewhat deeper and explained his findings. I don’t have any conclusion on relative sells between the sites and I guess it would need some detailed analysis to come up with a definitive view.

There are some obvious advantages to listing on the wisdenauction.com site such as length of listing term and for sure the free listing, but I’ve also decided not to list wisdens on ebay because of the secrecy they provide to sellers.

From now, all of my listings such as they are will be on the WA site.
cridler
Site Admin
wisdens collected: 3687

WA vs eBay

Post by cridler »

Thanks Ken, that is very kind of you.

Plus you can switch paypal off and set an autolist to save having to relist manually,

Enjoy ,

Chris

PS I will try and get some stats together, WA has a lot more data to work with now. Ebay weekly watch will be tomorrow,
Happy Collecting!
Simon

WA vs eBay

Post by Simon »

Just seen WA, mind boggling. Who would have thought the tatty yellow book would have conjured up such technology. Can you imagine JW in 1864 thinking we'll have our own internet auction site in 100+ years time.

Great stuff Cridler (or is it Chris?) , I'll have to start buying again!!

Si